Join our growing team!
PractiSource has the following career opportunities:
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Systems Data Specialist
Medical Billing Specialist
General Summary of Duties – Medical Billing Specialist
This position performs complete medical and laboratory billing and reimbursement functions, and is responsible for all aspects of the medical revenue cycle. Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Post Charges Payments and Adjustments into the PractSource practice Management System
- Utilize the PractiSource Online worklist system to perform follow-up activities
- Calling Insurance Payers to resolve outstanding claims and expedite payment
- Utilizing Insurance on-line systems to verify eligibility, claim status…etc
- Prepare appeals, resubmit claims, and perform all actions necessary to obtain payment
- Process and submit accurate insurance claims
- Posting insurance payments
- Call insurance payers as necessary
- Process patient statements
- Processing patients for outside collections activity
- Report processing
- Identifies and reports unpaid claim trends
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality
- Provides support to the practice as requested or needed
- Provides excellent customer service to patients and clients
- Performs other related duties as required or requested
The above job functions provide an overview of the responsibilities expected of this position. New functions may be added to this job description as they are identified.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Medical Billing (Billing Specialist), and 4 years (Supervisor)
- Extensive knowledge of medical (and if possible, laboratory) billing processes and procedures
- Attention to detail with the ability to produce high quality work
- General knowledge of ICD9 diagnostic and CPT procedural coding Ability to work with insurance carriers
- Ability to enter data quickly and accurately Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems Account follow up experience with insurance and self pay accounts
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to follow directions
- Excellent customer service skills
About PractiSource… PractiSource is a full service medical billing / laboratory billing and revenue cycle management firm based at One Technology Drive in Tolland, Connecticut. PractiSource’ goal is maximize reimbursement and simplify the medical revenue cycle management process for the medical community. Clients include toxicology laboratories, other billing services, and medical practices. PractiSource utilizes completely internet-native technologies to provide state of the art services to its clients.
Systems Data Specialist
This Systems Data Specialist is responsible for day to day systems interoperability functions between client laboratory information systems (LIS), or Electronic Health Records (EHR) systems and PractiSource’s RCM systems. The data specialist is the primary source for handling all data file transfers between our clients’ servers and the hosted environment as well as importing the data into the PractiSource billing system on a daily basis. Maintenance of conversion crosswalk tables is required. New client database setup would be required as needed. Specialist must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and be self-motivated. The position reports to the Manager of Implementation.
MAIN POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Transferring of demographic, charge and billing data files between client systems and PractiSource systems on a daily basis.
- Importing of above files into proper database and communicating with billing staff on status of imports.
- Printing of patient statements, collection letters and paper claims on a daily basis
- Distributing insurance claim errors on a daily basis.
- Set up of new Client databases
- Updating system definition tables with all databases, ie: new insurance carriers, etc.
- Monthly distribution of client financial reports
- Clerical tasks
- Performs other duties as assigned
This position is located at our Tolland, CT location
To apply, please contact PractiSource at Info@practisource.com